Monday, November 5, 2012

Coin Purses!

I didn't join into the UR Priceless Blog Hop because I was too chicken, but I WASN'T too chicken to make a few so I bought the pattern!    This pattern was a lot of fun, and unlike anything I've ever done before.     I made the first one with dachshund fabric, for a hospice volunteer who has done a lot to help us, and who loves her wiener dogs.

I made the second one out of fabric that I found in the basement.    I can't remember - did it come from my mom's stash, or something that I made?    No idea.


The third one is made from animal print corduroy.   I made this one because my granddaughter is suddenly interested in animal print, but it turned out to be my favorite.    Or at least my favorite so far -- I need to buy  more frames, but I already have a couple more purses cut out and ready to frame -- hopefully I'll be able to show them soon[er or later, lol].

Check out the AMAZING purses that the Genuine Hoppers made at the UR Priceless Blog Hop --  Blog Hops are what gave me the confidence to try many of my most recent projects.     There are so many creative people out there, with so many fantastic ideas, I just want to copy them all!

8 comments:

Loopylou said...

Aren't they lovely? The animal print one is fantastic, your daughter will love it

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Those are really cute. My fav is the dachshund one but my daughter would flip for the leopard one. You might be on to something there for a way to make a little extra income. Nicely done!

Val said...

Your purses are fabulous. I am crazy about the animal print one. I have wanted to male a purse for ages and finally bought two frames at the recent craft show. I really must have a go.

Denise :) said...

OH! Your purses are darling ... I'm so glad I came by. Your purses are just *darling*!! The dogs with the paw prints fabrics are perfect -- love it! I like your handles -- where did you get yours? They are precious! Nicely done -- you should have participated in the hop!! :)

gpc said...

I got my frames from Etsy and from I Have A Notion, a wonderful on line shop -- the frames are listed under Notions (http://ihavea-notion.com/store/item_3183/1-Silver-Heart-Coin-Purse-Frame-3-Now-Available.htm) I also saw a few choices at my local JoAnn Fabrics. I think I'm going to try some larger bags next - it's fun to make something practical!

Bud and Marsha said...

Love the fabrics you chose! Your grand will love the animal print...if she can get it away from you. LOL
So glad you made some with us!
Marsha
quilterinmotion.net

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Your purses look awesome! You definitely should not have felt chicken to join in!!

Thank you sooo much for stopping by and for your kind comment.
Please be sure to go over to Semper Wifey's post to enter for another chance to win a monogram art that I donated for her Marine Corps Birthday Bash.There is three more days to enter, and not very many have entered yet. So Here is the link:
http://semperwifey.blogspot.com/2012/11/marine-birthday-bash-giveaway-day-9.html

Blessings & Aloha!

Agnes B Bullock said...

DACHSHUND fabric! What a lucky volunteer! Cannot let my dachsies see this or I will never hear the end of it!