Saturday, December 22, 2012

Craft Project Plans for 2013

Cat Patches has posted a "2013 New FO Challenge" and she made me think about what projects I would like to do next year.     I actually finished this years projects, which makes me wonder what I could have done if I'd thought of it before the year was mostly over!

1.  I've already started making pot holders for next Christmas -- I've made three and messed them all up, but hopefully the learning curve will soon turn in my direction! 

2.  I have an idea for a project for a new friend, but I want to wait a bit and see if he actually remains a new friend before I invest any time in the project.   If he does, I will make it for his birthday.   Or more likely freak him out way before the right time.   It was funny, the idea came to me in the middle of the night, and awakened me right out of a deep sleep.   He is the only one I know who would appreciate it, if anyone would.     It's either clever or pathetic and overdone, too soon to tell.    I'll post it if I actually make it, but it's planned out and ready to go.   Fingers crossed.

3.  I want to make pieced quilts for my grandchildren.    I am having so much trouble just figuring out how to ditch quilt the potholders that I will probably have someone else quilt them if I get them done.

4.  I won some beautiful yarn that I want to knit into a hat before next winter.   I'm still searching for the perfect ridiculously easy pattern.

5.  And finally, after making a dozen or more coin purses this year, I want to make some clutch purses next year.    I have the pattern and the fabric for the first two, and I am really hoping they are as fun as the coin purses were!

7 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great list and very do-able, don't you think?

Barbara said...

Great list! I love your way of writing. So human and honest.

AntKaybe said...

Dang girl, you like your lists ;) For me, making a list is almost as fulfilling as actually doing the task. I am starting a new shell mosaic soon. My last one took me 1 1/2 years so I'm hoping..... Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the most blessed 2013 ever! xo

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow you are on top of things already making list for next year. Good for you.
Wanted to come by say hello and to wish you Merry Christmas.
Love
Maggie

FabricFascination said...

Those sound like fun and doable plans for the new year. I am a quilter too, and a newbie knitter.

(Visiting from Stitchin by the Lake Blog)

spindelmaker said...

Hello dear Gail! And happy new year! (soon).
I´m sorry I´ve been absent from your blog for so long. I lost my RSS-feed, and therefore the immediate update on all my creative friends. Also I was away for a couple of months, and you know, once one breaks the daily routine... Anyway. So glad to read about all your projects! You´re just booming with ideas! And you´ve already started next years Christmas presents!!! I take my hat off for you! Truly! Impressive! :-)
Ps. Good luck with the mystery man project ;-)
And the best of new years to you, Gail!
Janne

Belinda said...

That sounds like a good list. Good luck!!