Monday, December 31, 2012

December UFOs

Although I feel like I've done more sewing/quilting/crafting this year than ever, I didn't start much this month.   I guess December was spent finishing projects, not starting them.    Here, for my blog-land friend Cat Patches, are my last pitiful beginnings for 2012:
I  started to turn this wonky block into a pot holder.   It still needs to be bound and finished.    I made a couple of others this month, and haven't quite gotten the hang of sewing the binding yet.   The ones I've finished look VERY homemade.    I'm hoping to perfect the method sometime this year so that I can make them as gifts for next year.   A perfect use for all those little scraps that are cluttering up my house!
And I finally cut out the pieces from a clutch purse pattern that I am hoping will be good for gifting.   Of course, there is no pressure since Christmas is a full year away.   And let's face it, I am not feeling very motivated these days, with the cough-y crud that seems to have taken permanent hold on my life.    But hopefully I'll be full of vim and vinegar again soon, and I hope these projects won't sit in my sewing room for long!

8 comments:

spindelmaker said...

Honestly, I prefer a handmade gift to look "homemade" as you put it. That way, I know it´s not made by a machine in a factory, but that someone made this thing especially for me, put their love and care and thought into it. So do not be discouraged over a crocked line or seam. I think it´s great that you are be crafty. And you´re good at it too! You´re a quick learner :-)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I think that looks great and like a lot of work went into it. I like all the cuts and pieces. What do you use for the lining inside?

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Ooops, forgot - Happy New Year!!

Carrie P. said...

I hope the new year brings you good health and lots of projects to work on. Get better soon.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Your work is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do this year.
Happy 2013 to you and your family
Nicole/Beadwright

Barbara said...

It looks like it's made with love. I hope you feel better soon.

quiltzyx said...

I think your star looks just fine! Great colors, nice points - what more could anyone ask for?

I know what you mean about the cruddy cough, it had a hold of me for a couple weeks too - but there is hope! I'm not coughing anymore now. :D
Happy New Year!

Kathleen said...

I think your work looks great, hope you are getting over the cold.
Happy New Year