Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Looking Forward

Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt suggested recently (on my birthday, in fact!) that we think of the words that we hope will define 2013, a sort of mantra.    Since I just turned the page on another year,  this sort of thing is on my mind lately, and - although I usually focus on a to-do list sort of 'plan' -- this year I like the idea of turning the focus to ideas instead of tasks.  (Besides, anyone who has watched my past two years of 'To-Dos' knows that I have NOT been very successful at tasks!)    Madame Samm suggests that these words will become part of a quilting/sewing project, but for me they will more likely become part of a blog banner instead.
I know that one word that I hope will be a focal point in 2013 is HEALTH.    I have been lax in both diet and exercise, and I am feeling the effects.       Another word that I hope will be important is TRAVEL, because I know that my travel days are becoming more limited and I want to do what I can, while I can.   In a related theme, I think I'll steal the word DAYLIGHT from my sister, whose mantra is "daylight's burning," because it's a good way to remember to make the best possible use of every day.   I'll toss in the word GRAND, both for its optimism and for the adorable grandchildren I love so much.        I thought about Love, both in appreciation for the love I have in my life, and for the love I still -- however foolishly -- hope to find.  And Friendship and Fun, because I would like more of both.   But those words seemed too limited, and I finally decided that all of those hopes could be summed up with the words JOY and MORE.


2 comments:

Madame Samm said...

I Applaud you for words (mantra! Blog banner) that depict strength of character... These words are great choices...I applaud you

krislovesfabric said...

Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into this next hop, look forward to seeing your project :) Also, thanks so much for the package, love the measuring doll...I posted it on my blog krislovesfabric.blogspot.com along with a pic of my Grumpy Mister Guy!