Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy

Several times this week, while doing nothing in particular -- driving, working, sitting by myself -- I've been overwhelmed by the knowledge that I am happy.    This will sound awful and pathetic but honestly, although I often feel happy with family and friends and activities, I can't remember just feeling happy for long periods of time all by myself for no reason.    It feels good.

It's been a good week.   No major disasters at work, at least none that involved me.   Valentine's Day, which can be a land mine for us single folk, was good.    That's all I have to say about that.     And today I'll go looking for discount candy to make up for any lack in that regard!

I had time to play with the Grands, and that is always good.   My grandson seriously explained  to me that, although my Morse Code pillow is "clever," Morse Code is not intended as a written language -- the same information that Mr. Morse Code lectured me about, which made me laugh.   My granddaughter and I made paper food.
My fly tying class -- 150 miles away -- was good enough.   
I still have (what feels like) a million projects in the air.   I've been so busy at work that I had to turn down two invitations to shoot -- aargh!     That is the DEFINITION of TOO BUSY!!!   I finished listening to the Psychology "Great Course" lectures and learned a lot.   I am still doing code work and making myself crazy.    I forced myself to slow down and am holding back at half the alphabet until I get those sounds under control.   Although I know the difference between the symbols, my ear can't always HEAR the difference between A and N, sometimes even mistaking it for I, and the same problem is happening with D and R.   They are SO DIFFERENT on paper that it makes me nutty that I can't always hear the difference.   But I'm getting better, making fewer mistakes, and have no intention of quitting.   I laugh when I pick up code letters in music.     It would be good if I could find another newbie to practice with and I've put out some feelers on that idea.

My "All About Me" project is still a work in progress; I am definitely making it about me, and seem to be going pretty far afield of the pattern, which I hope won't offend anybody.    My other sewing projects - purses, bags and quilts -- are in various stages of not-nearly-done.

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Well you certainly sound busy. Good for you or sticking with the Morse Code. I don't know if I could stay with that one.

Barbara said...

Good for you. Sounds like it's going to be the best year ever!

Gayle said...

I love that you are happy for no reason. May the bliss continue.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Love this post and that your so Happy. Good for you nothing better than not needing someone or something to make you happy. It a something I am working on very hard
Love
Maggie