Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's All Good

Dit Dit Dit Dah - V is for Victory!      I had my long awaited shooting 'competition' with my friend's husband, and I cleaned his clock.    I had the advantage of borrowing my Friend's ruger, a target pistol with a red-dot laser that has pretty much rocked my shooting world.    I beat him on all 3 out of 3 targets.    So  I am trying to feel cocky about it but it isn't easy.   The truth is,  he out-shot me the whole time we were warming up, and then choked when it was time to compete.   I asked his wife and she says that no, he did not let me win and wasn't thrilled with the result.     So yeah, I beat him, and yeah, I kept the targets, and yeah, I've bragged about it all week --- but I have no confidence that it will ever happen again. 
What I do know for sure is that it was a lot of fun.

Today I made another visit to the sweetest, perkiest lady.   She is 87, still beautiful, and a hoot and a half.    She told me a joke about the Pearly Gates that has me chuckling still, and told me that she loves seeing a man in a kilt because "it makes you just speculate about what's underneath there."   We also talked about the fact that she is dying,  and about the mountains of loss she has experienced in her life, but mostly we laughed until the tears were running down our cheeks.       She is a model of how I want to live my life, fearlessly filled with love.

1 comment:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

A win is a win is a win - good for you!

I love people that like woman - it's a shame there aren't more like her.