Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Function Over Form

And here it is, my first Morse Code keyer -- I know it's not pretty, but it works.    I had a lot of help, but I did most of it myself, and I understand (and respect) the process a whole lot better than I did.    Best of all, it's another one of those things it never occurred to me that I could do.    Maybe the next time I build a keyer it will be pretty.   This time, I am just happy as heck that it works.


No more excuses now that I have a working keyer.   Back to a daily practice schedule so that I can claim success on Code, no matter how much longer it takes.  :)

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Building it probably added to your determination to conquer the process..

spindelmaker said...

Wow! I am so impressed! And I think it looks really cute. Reusing an old tin-box is a really good idea, if you ask me. Congratulations on the achievement!!
:-)