Sunday, June 30, 2013

Projects

In the ongoing theme of keeping my hands busy while my thoughts and emotions run a muck,  I started several (more) projects this month.     There isn't enough time in a week to post all the already started and still not finished things I have going, but these are the newest ones to join the craft pile.
I saw a tutorial for the cutest little microwave bowl potholders, and had to try them.   I have two of them cut out and ready to measure and sew.   It looks like this project will go quickly, assuming I ever start it!    If I buy bowls to go inside, I think they will make really cute gifts!
I also saw a great chevron quilt tutorial, and since I was given a ton of holiday fabrics that someone was planning to throw away (yards and yards of fabric, already stuffed into trash bags and on their way to the dumpster!!!), I decided that there was no reason in the world not to start this, too.    I'm using the shamrock fabrics to start, and will probably try to find a tartan plaid for accent zig-zags to go in between so it isn't entirely shamrocks, because I think I need another color to balance it out -- I haven't quite made a decision about that, but an investigative trip to JoAnn's is on my list of undone-things to do today.  
As I mentioned in an earlier post, my Grands want little outfits for their stuffed toys for an upcoming trip.   The requested "red shirt and sun hat" is in process, but I need to decide on some trims to 'cuten' it up before I can call is finished.
And last but not least, I want to make zipper bags to put the little outfits in for their travels.   Those are cut and ready to sew -- another short project that is just waiting for my energy meter to go up!

5 comments:

Kate said...

You have lots of fun stuff in the works.

Barbara said...

Ooooh, I like the idea for the shamrocks. Plaid would be great with them. Cute projects.

Sandy said...

Love the ideas you have for new projects, but that stuffed animal outfit is the best!! Don't you love when the grands make special requests? They think we can do just about anything.

StitchinByTheLake said...

My energy meter has stalled too and like you I have tons of things started, not finished. But I hold out hope that someday they will all be complete. :) blessings, marlene

Carrie P. said...

you are staying very busy this summer.