Sunday, June 9, 2013

Really, I'm Fine

 

The older I get, the more I understand the importance of living in the moment.   But my unnoticed expectations are still my undoing day after day after day, no matter how well I think I've learned my lesson.  I am well, I am sheltered, I am warm and too well fed.  But my mind goes straight to the thing I do not have, whatever that thing is at the moment.  I am missing the presence of a friend, a letter, a different job, a different meal, a different something, and suddenly I am discontent.  And still after all these years, before I know it, I've thought or voiced or acted on the complaint that would never have entered my mind if only I could have stayed in the moment, where everything was fine.

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

This is interesting because I often feel the same way, however, I approach it differently. I always feel like I am searching, searching, for ...... something.

But I don't know what. And so, I am always trying new things, new experiences, trying to satisfy my restless nature. And in the process, it's been a wild and fun ride. Sometimes the results are disastrous, but then, life is not perfect anyhow. Remember, its the journey, not the destination. xo

sue in mexico mo said...

Wow, do I identify with this!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wonderful words of wisdom! blessings, marlene

Carrie P. said...

your last two posts are very thought provoking!