Thursday, August 29, 2013

Goodbye Summer - Almost!

Where did the summer go?   Although I'm still enjoying the local Farmer's Market and messing with produce, my Grands are going back to school next week, so I know that summer is all but over.

I've gotten one squash and a handful of tomatoes and potatoes from my garden.    A coworker gave me a bag of pickle cucumbers, so I am experimenting with pickles this year.
 I got to play radio-communicator again last weekend at another Marathon, the Crim in Flint, Michigan, with over 15,000 walkers and runners, and of course that was a lot of fun.   Better still, I went with a friend, someone I am always happy to be with.      Ridiculously happy to spend the day with him,  but reminding myself all the time not to give into that rush of affection, because this is someone who has made it clear that there's nothing here but friendship.   Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have that, but sometimes it's hard to keep my distance.    Still and all, a good day with beautiful weather, and I had a lot of fun.
My Grands spent a couple of days with me this last week of vacation.   Homemade pizza, fairy houses, tie dyed tshirts (and feet!), a variety of crafts, and lots of giggles.   A few brother-sister spats, too, but that's par for the course.      These long days with the littles must be the Universe's way of telling me how truly old I am, because nothing wears me out so thoroughly!





As always, I have much to be thankful for.   Life is good, truly good.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

They grow so fast....love the cute toes, even the blue one?
I agree family is precious time.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That all looks like it was so much fun!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Goodness you've been busy! Love the blue toes...and the giggles. :) blessings, marlene

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So glad you got to spend the time with your grand babies. I so wanted to do that before school started but not to be. Since my grand daughter is a juvenile diabetic I don't get to keep her by myself especially at my home since it is so far from her mom and dad.
I am glad you got to spend a fun day with your friend too. You never know his feelings of friendship could blossom into something else.
Great post and pics.
Appreciate your sweet comment about my brother Gary. I am so sad he is going through this again.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love
Maggie