Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

A lazy Labor Day for me.   I've been so lucky the last few days, my son and his wife have called me over for casual suppers, with grilled corn, bits of bread and veggies and cheese.   Lovely little meals where I got to enjoy their company AND didn't need to provide for myself.  (Although I did scoot back home after dinner last night and made Lava Cakes to carry back over, a quick treat we all love!) Their little family begins its back-to-school schedule tomorrow, and they will all be busy from now on, so I'm glad we had this bit of end-of-summer time.   

I harvested my red potato plants today -- this has been a bumper year (for me) for potatoes, much better than last year with the couple of little guys I harvested then.   My son's family and I will each have enough for several meals, so I am thrilled!  :)

Frankly, it was a chilly and mostly boring day over all.   And with no legitimate (or fun) distractions, no excuse for not getting a LOT done.   But I did finally do a little work in the dreaded basement (sigh) and ran a few errands, so I can't really complain.    I would far rather have been out having ridiculous fun, but it was nice to check a few things off my endless list.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the wedding show I worked this weekend had a photo booth and I finally got a photo that might have been perfect for my ID card -- I'm kicking myself for already sending the other one off in the mail!    I'm sure the gal in charge of making the tags would have appreciated getting this one.  
The kids go back to school tomorrow, if they haven't already in your part of the world.    It's just another day for me, but I think it's a great idea for all of us to go learn something!    I can't wait to see what new lesson are waiting out there for me.  :)

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

What's a lava cake? Does it involve chocolate??

Barbara said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend Labor Day. Those are some fine looking taters.

Piper Christian said...

I totally love your second choice for an I.D. photo! :D