Monday, March 10, 2014

March On!

My weekend was full of meetings and fun and family and friends.    Dominoes season is almost over -- just one more Sunday to play!   I will miss is so much.   I'm planning to make cookies shaped like dominoes for our last game -- I need to either find some tiny chocolate chips or M&Ms or else make some pretty big cookies!    For this past weekend's dominoes Sunday I made a Winter Fruit pie, with apples, pears, cranberries and figs -- surprisingly delicious!

My work schedule today was sort of split in half because I had calls to make in the morning, and a meeting to go to at night.   So I used the middle of the day to bake cupcakes and take them to a new drop-in center for the mentally ill that just opened up down the road.   They were so excited to see me, or at least excited to see the cupcakes.    I turned them all into smurfs with my blue frosted cupcakes - blue tongues and mouths everywhere I looked! -  but they didn't mind a bit.   
I will definitely make a point of taking cookies or cupcakes to the drop in center whenever I can, and I also plan to try to come up with some fun craft ideas to hold a group there once in awhile to help them try new things, just as I do with the grief groups.

Meanwhile, while I'm baking pies and cupcakes, I still have piles of papers and projects that need to be sorted and finished and put away.    My house is in danger of looking like a hoarder lives here so I really, really need to clean and organize.   Maybe tomorrow.   Instead of doing the things I should, I made a couple of cute St. Patrick's days pouches this weekend, and I (finally) finished my flannel baby rag quilt.    Avoidance seems to inspire me.  :)
The sun is shining and life is good -- I could use a little Spring Fever energy, but if spring is in the air, it's still buried under a foot or so of snow.   No complaints.    I'm getting used to the idea that it might be Always Winter and Never Christmas.     Besides, if the snow ever melts, I'll need to stop wearing these bulky sweaters, and evidence of all those pies and cupcakes is bulging out all over.   Oh dear, another project to add to my to-do list -- sort a few pounds of clutter and lose a few pounds of winter weight.    As I say, maybe tomorrow.  :)

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I love everything you sew - especially the quilt. Is that the front and back sides of the same quilt? Such pretty, cheerful colors.

Chablis and I did a massive spring cleaning last week and I laughed and said "Ok, we're good until July." Sadly, that's probably not far from the truth. :-)

Barbara said...

What a beautiful pie!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm feeling the organizing bug at my house but can't get to it yet either. I have company this week...they will leave on Monday....so next week I have some closets calling my name! blessings, marlene