Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Melting!

I'm afraid to speak of it, but it SEEMS as if some of the snow might be melting!   The big piles of gray, dirty snow in front of my house (and most everywhere you look) are NOT pretty, but they lift my spirits anyway, because they hint of spring. 
I took this photo of the snowbank in front of my house yesterday.   Today, after hours of drizzle, it is nearly gone, and brown grass is visible almost everywhere.   Well, 'almost' might be an overstatement --  there are still large areas of snow.   But we are on our way, just in time for the official start of Sprin tomorrow!

And what a lovely way to welcome a warmer season -- I won the most wonderful prize yesterday from In The Boon Docks -- a $25 gift certificate from Pink Chalk Fabrics!    I started shopping as soon as I got the notification from Lisa that I'd won, and was ready to go the minute the electronic gift certificate arrived a very short time later.   Some really unusual fabrics, that will soon be turned into gifts for a couple of friends.   I can't wait!   Thanks so much, Lisa -- I'll show off my choices when they arrive in the mail.  :)     I can already tell that Pink Chalk Fabrics has great customer service, since they've already responded to my (several) questions super fast, and they've already shipped my order, so I know I'll have it soon.  

Today I went to see my granddaughter's school play, a musical called Geology Rocks!    She was a volcano, and adorable, of course.   Like all of their school plays, it was fun and educational and an amazing display of very young talent.   The kids get better and more confident every year and it's a joy to watch them all grow.    So much fun!

1 comment:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Congrats on your win and I can't wait to see what fabrics you chose.