Monday, September 29, 2014

Another Tote

I saw this tote and pattern on Fort Worth Fabric Studio and fell in love with the outside pockets and the April in Paris fabric.   Go ahead and click the link to see the original -- you'll see why I was so smitten! I ordered the same fabric, but in a different color palette, from Fort Worth Fabric Studio.  What a great shop -- I wasn't sure that the green dots would work well with the Parisian pattern but a woman there (oh  my gosh, my memory is so bad -- Jodie?)  emailed me immediately and reassured me that it was a good match.   I wanted the French-themed fabric because my daughter in law is a French teacher.   I love to make gifts for her because she has such a grateful heart.   It is a joy to give things to her because she is always so happy with what she is given, it always makes me want to give her more.   It's funny but I find that it is hard to find people to give things to.   I love to give little gifts, but so many people are anxious about receiving them, and that takes a lot of the joy out of the process.    Anyway, Lindsey's tutorial is easy to follow even for a novice like me, and the tote was a joy to make in one afternoon.   It took longer to iron on the fusible interfacing than it did to make the tote!   Be sure to check out her original here, it is a beauty, but my DIL is more of a green than a pink person.    I'm making the next one in blue.



4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your fabric choices! blessings, marlene

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That is fabulous. Wow, I'm impressed -one afternoon. I can never sew anything that quickly.

Barbara said...

Love it!

Piper Christian said...

It's beautiful!

I'm sorry to hear that those you want to give gifts to are apprehensive about accepting them. I say just give your gifts out because, as the saying goes, it's the thought that counts. Besides, if it makes you happy to make things and give them to people, why deny yourself that happiness? :) Personally, I am always happy and appreciative to receive a gift, regardless of the giver or what the gift is, regardless of its usefulness to me. Someone took the time to make and give me something, it should be kept and treasured. :)