Friday, February 27, 2015

Not Losing My Marbles

When you target shoot, as I do, for Marbles, and when you are hopelessly outmatched by your competition, it is a wonderful day indeed when you finally win. 

And today was such a day.    I beat my worthy opponent by a mere 6 points (he had offered to spot me 10 points, but I didn't need his stinkin' patronage and earned myself a natural win, a point I've had to mention many times already!)    Victory is sweet, and my martini trophy glass is not quite so empty anymore! 

It still feels very much like winter here, we still have lots of snow and ice.  But a friend's chicken's are obviously feeling optimistic lately and I am hoping that they know something I don't know.   When the hens start laying again, spring can't be far behind!   Let's hope!  :)

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Congrats on a well earned win. That is so exciting. What type of gun are you using?

I saw my first flock of geese heading north today.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I am so ready for spring! blessings, marlene

Gayle said...

Congratulations on adding marbles to the martini glass! I bet that felt great.

Quinn said...

Congrats on your win - I'd be pleased as punch if I out-shot anyone, ever, under any circumstances!
I love the deep tones of those darkest eggs. Does your friend have Marans?