Friday, September 25, 2015

Still Having Fun

The weather just gets more beautiful!  My summer annuals are looking shabby so I got some potted mums to take their place.   I guess I should buy more since the bunnies have eaten my huge hostas down to the ground and there is nothing in front of my house except a few bushes.   I added 3 large potted mums today, and I hope they will look nice when they finally bloom.
I have also been working on this year's Christmas gift for the girlies in my life.   I am making braided bracelets, quite pretty and very easy to make.   I have half a dozen made, probably more than I will use, but I will make a few more anyway because I enjoy the project.   On most of them I am using magnetic clips, because girlies of a certain age have aging fingers that don't work as well as they used to.
I had supper with a friend and his daughter who was visiting from another state.   We went to one of our favorite restaurants, a middle eastern menu, and we all enjoyed it.    His lovely daughter was accompanied by her boyfriend on this trip and it was a real pleasure to meet him.  They are both the nicest "kids," bright and interesting and sweet.   And who doesn't enjoy being in the presence of young love?!  :)

And I finally made it to our local Farmer's Market again today after a too-long absence.   I have been busy almost every Market day this summer so I need to make up quickly for lost time.    I went for cut flowers but they were sold out.   Still not a wasted trip, because they had Snow apples, which were a favorite when I was a child, although we called them Snow White apples.   They are absolutely pure white inside, thus the name, and deliciously tart -- perfect with caramel dip, just one of my many fall dietary failings. 

And beautiful heirloom tomatoes, which I put into almost everything I make.   I love me some tomatoes.  :)
Summer is quickly coming to an end here.   The leaves are starting to pop with color, just one tree every here and there.   Although I hate to see the season end, the fall colors will be more beautiful every day as the weeks go by for the next month or so.    I am still hoping for that one-more canoe trip before the liveries put their boats up for the winter.  But whether I get it or not, I certainly can't complain.   It has been a fun and active summer for me.     I hope it has been good for all of you, too.

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The bracelets are very cute. They remind me of the lanyards we used to make at camp when I was a kid. There was a name for it, but I don't remember....

Never heard of those apples. But they look yummy. I like apples and caramel dip too. But truth be told, I eat more dip than apple. LOL!

spindelmaker said...

Well, summer is definitly over, so lets hope fall treats us well. I don´t know which is yummier: the bracelets or the tomatoes! :-)