Monday, December 14, 2015

The Ties That No Longer Bind

 I am retired!  Again.   It was an ordinary (gloomy) day, I saw very few people and there was no drama, but when I exited the building for the last time, there was a huge rainbow over my car.   Since money has never been my primary motivator, maybe retirement is my pot of gold.  :)  I hope so!

Now that I am a lady of leisure, I have no more excuse to not do some of the things on my endless To-Do list.   Today I cleaned out my work bag -- an item that has been on the list for nearly 5 years (don't judge me) - and tossed the bag into the pile of dirty laundry.   Laundry is clearly not on today's list.     I also answered a letter -- something that never slips far on the list since I enjoy that task -- and got an overdue blood test drawn.   I need to take out the trash before bedtime, and really, that seems like quite enough for one day.   There's no rush for the rest of it.   After all, I've only been schedule-less for half a day.  :)

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I absolutely love being retired! It takes a little while to stop feeling like you ought to be somewhere doing something but when it kicks in it's amazing. :) blessings, marlene

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Love the rainbow - that's a good sign.Enjoy your retirement. I can't wait to see and hear what you're up to.

sue in mexico mo said...

Yea for you! I have been retired for a little over a year now and I am still learning the routine. It is all good! Enjoy!