Friday, January 15, 2016

It is definitely winter here.   Dreary and glum.   I started working on my first redwork embroidery.   I have not embroidered in years (and years) except for the occasional bit of whimsey, and had never even heard of redwork.   While working on the embroidery, I am using my new needle nanny, a gift I gave myself.   I had never heard of a needle nanny, either.   Both redwork and needle nannies were introduced to me by Barbara at Cat Patches.  I haven't started on the (many) French knots yet, but am hoping her direction is going to make them possible for the first time in my life even though they have never worked for me before!  Bloggy friends open up whole new worlds to us, my years of blogging have brought so many amazing blessings, so many unexpected joys.
 
It has been cold this past week, and I have continued to be a big sissy about it all.   The days with snow are not that bad, it is generally a little warmer when it snows and shoveling the fluffy stuff always lifts my spirits.


My son and his sweet wife bought me a new coffee pot for Christmas to replace my well used French Press.  I like a slow drip, low tech coffee.    The coffee I am drinking now is fabulous -- the filtering system removes a lot of the bitterness, but maintains the strong, deep flavor that gets me going.  Perfect for these snowy days.

I hope you are enjoying whatever gets YOU going!  Stay warm out there -- I am sure trying to.  :)

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Your embroidery looks pretty. That's one thing I do not have the patience, or the eyesight, for. :-) My blanket for my son is coming along nicely tho - thanks to the yarn you sent me. xo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Redwork is one of my favorite things to do - it's comforting somehow to sit with needle in hand. blessings, marlene

spindelmaker said...

I´ve never heard of red-works or a needle nanny either. Won´t you explaing in a post? About the needle nanny, I mean. I can guess what the red-work is ;-) I´ve heard of black-seam (used in Norwegian bunad-shirt collars) and white-seam or English seam.