Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sunny Days

I've been unable to post or check much of anything for the past week or so because my laptop had to go in for major surgery.   Being without it was real suffering, I tell you!   It is amazing (and a little scary) how much I depend on on-line endeavors during the course of my day.   I missed it a lot.

I have it back now, with a new logic board, and I hope it will work better now.   The laptop is nearly 3 years old and almost out of its extended warranty and it hasn't been right from the beginning.   It would be nice to have the kinks out before the warranty ends, but I suppose the odds of that are slimmer than I'd like.

Well, Kim, you are for sure my lucky 'winner,' not a huge surprise there!   I would have sent a little something to Laurie, too, but s/he was a no-reply blogger.    I'll gather up the package and get it in the mail sometime in the next week or so.   It makes perfect sense to me, you have been a most constant friend and bloggy companion for years of this journey, and I hope we be continue to be blogland friends for years to come.  :)

It is finally, finally Spring here, or so we hope.   The weather this weekend, after a week of snow and freezing temperatures, is mild and the sun is shining.   It is simply glorious.   Although it has been mostly in the 60's, we had one day in the 80's, almost warm enough for me to complain about the heat for a change!  My granddaughter and I noticed that the cardinals have never seemed quite so red, as if they, too, are going all out as we celebrate this marvelous weather.    My outdoor list of projects is already growing -- too bad I still haven't finished the list of indoor projects that were supposed to be done over the winter!   Instead of working on chore last weekend, the Littles and I played four-square and I took a couple of long walks --- and I don't have even a glimmer of regret.  :)

A friend and I have been eating at a vegetarian Indian "street food" restaurant this week -- the most delicious food, even though I had no idea what I was eating!   I stopped at an Indian grocer, too, and we've been snacking on a variety of spicy-salty chickpea treats.  I got some spices, too, and will experiment with a few simple dishes.  First up was okra stuffed with spices, which was absolutely delicious and not even a bit slimy like okra often is.   We loved it!   Next attempt will be a simple dal (lentil) dish.   I love trying to cook new foods, I don't do it as much as I used to, but the Littles are starting to be more adventurous so I can usually find someone to share my results.

I hope it is sunny in your world!


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, I miss the cardinals. We used to see them when we lived back in North Carolina and Virginia (when I was a kid). I like Indian food too, although Mike isn't fond of it. When the kids have birthday dinners, they often choose it and Mike has to be a good sport.

Linda said...

It really is amazing how much we rely on technology today! I actually saw a very red male cardinal yesterday...which is something you do not see very often in a big city like Montreal!

spindelmaker said...

Wishing you a wonderful spring! :-)

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Oh aren't you sweet and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I know we'll be friends for a long time because I have met some of the nicest people thru blogging, you included. I've been up to my eyeballs with work the past week and have barely been reading any blogs.

Has it started warming up by you yet??