Saturday, January 7, 2017

Still Sewing

I have entered the New Year with more sewing.   I have this great momentum going and don't want to lose it, so I am going to try to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Linky Challenge this  year -- January's color is purple.   I haven't chosen a particular block I want to make, and am still experimenting, so I made a couple of purple blocks for this month's challenge.   I am thinking today that maybe I will do simple log cabin blocks and, if so, I will need to make another purple block before the month is out.


I have also made the first three of the Solstice Challenge blocks, and will continue to try to keep up with those.  As you can see, I am new at this and haven't figured out how to make my blocks work together, so it is unlikely that I'll end up with a quilt top unless I organize my thinking soon!   But I'm not putting any pressure on the exercise at this point, just playing along.


Meanwhile, I completed my first purse/tote of the year, which will go into the box of potential gifts for next Christmas.   As I've said (everywhere, to everyone) I made something for every single person on my list this year, and it was a good feeling.  I'm making no promises about next year, but I know I will do what I can.   I've already cut out two more purses, so I am pretty sure there will be purses, again, on the giving list.   
It is cold as heck this week, a windy 5 degrees when I left the house this morning for our monthly search and rescue drill (thankfully, an inside training this month!)   The cold weather does make it easier to stay home and sew.   Since I am such a sissy it is all the more amazing that I did push myself out to the local Center Court walking track once this week.  It was good to stretch my legs and goodness knows my heart and body need it, so I hope I will make more of an effort on that than I managed last year.

Meanwhile, we are making plans already for family gatherings this summer.  Ahhhhh, summer.    It feels so far away.

I hope you are staying warm, wherever you are!  :)

8 comments:

creations.1 said...

You are certainly on the right track to completing more sewing projects. A Rainbow Challenge sounds like a good idea!!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

You must have a lot of patience - I could never have the patience to sew all those little pieces together. I like the colors and the patterns.

It was cold here today too - we went geocaching. :-)

Edith said...

Your little purple blocks are cute and I just love that purse.

scraphappy said...

You sure do have some great mojo going. The it is always nice when you can be productive and creative at the same time. Purples are looking great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! Have fun deciding what your focus will be.

Barbara said...

Your blocks look fantastic!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Here's to keeping warm and fun purple blocks :)

Paulette Adams said...

I admire your patience sewing all those tiny pieces together and I especially like the wonderful purse/tote!