Monday, March 20, 2017

Be Happy - Today's The Day For It!

Today is the International Day of Happiness -- I hope you are celebrating by being happy!

Of course we've had more snow.   We are starting to feel the promise of Spring and are hopeful that we won't have any more significant snow, but we know here in Michigan that things could still go either way.   Since my last post, of course we had Pie on Pi Day.  And corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day -- passing up the lenten fish that my fella loves so much.  For those who were concerned, our local Archbishop issued a special dispensation that allowed corned beef on a lenten Friday.   We love corned beef so much that we had it again on Dominoes Sunday!

I finished another bag from my fabric stash, and -- to my great amazement -- finally managed to make my first two french knots ever in embroidery.   I have been trying to make a french knot since I was less than 12, so this was an unexpected delight, and perhaps proof that even old dogs CAN learn new tricks!

I am hoping for a few mild days.   It would be good to take a walk in the sunshine.   Now that's a happy thought.  :)

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The pie and ice cream look delish!

Nice bag too.

spindelmaker said...

Oh no! I´m a day too late to be happy!!
;-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

CUTE embroidery in RED!!