Thursday, March 30, 2017

Dragging On

I am finally, finally feeling almost healthy again.   Thank goodness!  It's taken several days to shake this pesky virus, and though I'm still feeling a little shaky, I've finally been out of the house a couple of times.  But while I was shut in, refusing visitors and feeling sorry for myself, my fella left a hot apple pie on my front porch to cheer me up.   I carefully cropped my photo-shoot to cover up how much of it I'd already eaten before I thought to take a picture.  It was delicious and made me feel almost instantly better, at least in my lonely, whiney heart.  
Another thing that made me feel better -- shame on me! -- was hearing how much I was missed at last Sunday's Dominoes game -- our young friend took my absence hard, repeating over and over again, in a mournful tone, "Gail is sick.  She is not here," and just sat shaking his head.    We were all happy to learn from this parents that, even though they will be back in town, they are willing for us to extend the season by a week.  The understand how important it is to all of  us, so we will get to play one last time this coming Sunday.  Let the Dominoes Domination Celebration begin -- I can't wait!  

I finished off one last March block for the Solstice Challenge, block #12, 'Jacob's Ladder,'  and the Rainbow Scrap Quilt -- double dipping, as always, by using the Rainbow color of the month, red, to make the Solstice block.  The bright reds are slightly different in person, but I didn't have enough of anything to make the ideal block.   Oh well.  If I run out of projects, maybe I'll try again with better scraps, because I liked the shapes in this block.     And I am working on another tote, but it seems that cutting it out while I was sick was not such a good idea, because it looks like I made a lot of mistakes.

I may have spoken too soon when I guessed that March was going to go out like a lamb -- we woke up today to yet another snow storm and temps in the 30s again.  Pretty, yes.   Tired of it, decidedly.   Whichever way March decides to go out, I am ready to let it go.     Our search and rescue group will be having an outdoor drill on April 1, so I guess I'll know for sure by then what kind of animal it decided to imitate!    Just one more day until April begins, and just the sound of it sounds Spring-like, don't you think?



3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

So glad you're feeling better - don't over-do it this weekend.

Barbara said...

Apple pie is good medicine. No wonder you're feeling better. I like your double dipping method. Great strategy.

Denise :) said...

I agree with Barbara -- apple pie is pretty darn good medicine! I hope you're feeling much, much better soon ... this crud is super-cruddy! I know we're all ready for winter to be on its way for good ... but it's so pretty!! Healing hugs to you! :)