Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Paying it Forward -- again!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6TuYfekwiGE/TXW1AI1uZ7I/AAAAAAAAAh8/QlMYlURXkeE/s1600/pif.jpg

'The first 5 people who comment on this post will receive a handmade gift by me. In return you must write a blog post explaining Pay It Forward 2011 and send your first 5 commenters a gift handmade by you.  It's a great way to make new friends and spread some handmade love around in Blogland! No rush to send them out today or tomorrow.. but do make sure you send them out..."

This is actually my second attempt at this same idea.   I tried posting a similar 'challenge' on Facebook and only had ONE response, but maybe it will work better here.    For my Facebook attempt I copied the idea from Maija Lukin, and I ended up sending her all 5 gifts because she was the only one who commented.    I stole the particular wording I used here from Gypsea Nurse, a blogger I discovered during the One World One Heart event.   As she says, "It's not the size of the item that matters, but the spirit of paying it forward."    So come on, let's play!    I won't have anything fabulous to send, so there's no pressure!

5 comments:

shawkl said...

Okay, I'm game! Not sure what handmade item I shall send yet....probably a set of earrings, because they are light and quick to make! So, come on over to my site and be one of my first five too!
Kathy
www.shawkl.com

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oohh....Did I make it?? Sure hope so...I keep missing the posts. Thanks for being so generous!

SilverNikNats said...

Well looks like you got more then one person this time! I love pay it forward and have had 7 or 8 replys to my post so i best get making!

Emily@theNest said...

I also did this on FB, and got three replies... from my sisters!! I'd love to be "in"- and I haven't forgotten your OWOH gift... I've been hideously sick, so I'll hopefully get it off to you this week...

Mrs A said...

ok im in too, sorry im a bit late! I love the pay it forward idea!