I have been busy. I closed on my Detroit-area house 2 days ago, and I am moved into my Saginaw house, but there are still boxes everywhere, and no washer-dryer yet. I am having a hard time finding time to look at appliances, and an even harder time making a decision! I don't have any curtains yet, but my grandchildren decorated my windows as a lovely substitute. I need to get the chimney cleaned, too, so that I can have chestnuts roasting on an open fire next month, lol.
I am home (it still sounds funny to me to call this place home) most days of the week, but drive down to Detroit to volunteer in my sister's office two days a week. The nicest thing about that is that I get to have dinner with Dr. Cranky, and see my sister.
In a moment of obvious disorientation, I told my brother and sister that I'd have Thanksgiving in my new house. I hope I can find the pots and pans by then.
And just about a week later, I have two more milestones to look forward to -- a major birthday, and a trip to Sanibel. I hope some of my bloggie friends will be available to crawl one of the first 2 Sundays in December!
3 comments:
A crawl would be awesome. Can't wait to see you.
I'm so glad that, even though you aren't unpacked yet, you are in your new home. And I know what you mean, I still find it hard to believe that this is our home now and we won't be going back to the one up north come May.
Hi! I'm droppong in your new "neighborhood" to say thank you for your kind commet. it is nice not to feel alone. So welcome and thank you. I will drop in again and see how your move in is going. Cheers!
Post a Comment