February is over already, and March is well underway, which reminds me of how quickly life flows by at this point in my life. I barely blinked and here we are, nearing the end of the first quarter of the year. Time is more of a mystery to me the older I get. Sometimes I feel like I am standing still as the world and the people I love swirl past me in a blur.
We've had a lot of snow so far in March, which came in like the proverbial lion. About 12 inches the first week at our house, much more further north where my brother lives. Lucky for me, school was cancelled on the worst days and I didn't have to drive anywhere. The snow is so pretty for the first day or two . . . after that I think we would all wish it gone if we could.
Although my own life is relatively calm (thank goodness), there are exciting going ons for my older grandkids -- Ray was chosen to be the female lead in her high school musical, where she will be Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors. She is excited and I am thrilled for her and looking forward to the play. She is amazing and shows no hesitation on stage, it is wonderful to see. She's also really good. I am so proud of my fearless and talented little Grand. The show is in April and I can't wait!
Both kids are members of the local youth orchestra and tomorrow is their winter concert, something I always look forward to. But this concert is extra special for me because one of Joseph's pieces will be performed -- an event that is just amazing to me!! -- and he got his first credit (read the text about tomorrow's concert -- "featuring the music of . . . Crachiola . . .") on Facebook this afternoon. He is the only high school kid I've ever known to have one of his original works performed by a full orchestra and I have been looking forward to this for weeks!
Of course, tonight, the night before the concert, my Tesla, so reliable and low maintenance as a rule, sent me a warning that one of my tires was extremely low and maybe flat. Jack pumped it right up but it started leaking again soon after. Jack had a full day planned for tomorrow but if his plans fall through I will take his car. If not, we will figure something else out because, come heck or high water, I am going to hear my grandson's music tomorrow! These are such sweet moments.
Next week I will figure out where to fix or replace the tire -- when I looked online, the local tire store offered me the chance to sign up for an appointment in a week, but I am hoping to do better than that! I am so spoiled that being without a car for a week sounds like torture! Of course if I am forced to stay home for a few days there is plenty here to do. If that happens, maybe next time I will have some finished projects to show!

1 comment:
you must be so proud of both your grandchildren.
Enjoy the concert.
We did not have one snowflake this winter, very unusual, but I didnot mind.
Post a Comment