Friday, December 29, 2023

Covid Calling

Jack and I have been very lucky; almost everyone we know has had Covid at one time or another since the pandemic began, and my sister is still suffering the devastating effects of Long Covid.  We have taken advantage of every vaccination, and have been careful to avoid crowds as much as possible.   But things finally came home to roost this week, when Jack tested positive for Covid a couple of days after Christmas.   His symptoms are mild, but it means he will miss our annual New Year’s Eve chocolate fondue, my favorite event of the year.   And now we are waiting to see whether it means that I will miss it, too.   Jack and I are keeping distance between us to try to stop the spread.  I feel like I am coming down with a cold, but so far I have tested negative for Covid.  Fingers crossed . . . 






1 comment:

Marie Louise said...

I hope that you are still feeling ok and that you can enjoy your chocolat fondue and furthermore I wish the both of you good health in the coming year.