Friday, May 18, 2012
Hospice Thoughts
Where I work, I pray with
people when they ask. Families sometimes complement my prayers and
ask how I learned to pray, how I learned to express to God exactly
what patients and families have, through words and tears and body
language, expressed to me. They assume that I am close to God when,
really, we are sometimes barely civil to one another. My
relationship with God goes way back to early childhood. We have fought and made up many, many times, and I am well past any secrets or
posturing. Certainly, whatever we now have was not based on love at
first sight, at least not on my part. Maybe that's my secret. In
order to honestly tell God exactly what I am thinking I first had to
get past the honeymoon period, when I treated him like God. Because
just as he has no illusions about me, I am long past believing in
magic. Strangely, with my lowered expectations, there is a certain
comfort now in our relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
God bless you Gail! Thats a nice little nook for enjoying the sunshine!
I am so glad I came by tonight and caught up with you while I was here.
This is really well written and glad you are where you are now with God
Love
Maggie
Post a Comment